PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN are ready to hijack Real Madrid’s swoop for Tottenham star Christian Eriksen, according to reports.The Danish playmaker declared his desire to leave North London after Mauricio Pochettino’s side lost the Champions League final at the end of last season.3 Christian Eriksen could leave Spurs at the end of the season when his current deal expiresCredit: Rex FeaturesBut he has stayed put for now, as no bid came in that satisfied Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.According to the Mail, the club would like to sell Eriksen but he would like to leave on a free transfer at the end of the season.That way he can secure the most lucrative contract of his career, similar to what Aaron Ramsey did when he left Arsenal for Juventus.Ander Herrera made the switch to PSG from Manchester United on a free last summer, landing a higher-paid deal than he was due at Old Trafford.The former Ajax man can agree a pre-contract agreement as of January 1.MOST READ IN FOOTBALLTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himREF RAIDChampions League ref Vincic ‘arrested in raid into drugs and prostitution ring’STIR IT UPBohemians post cryptic response to FIFA promoting a jersey with Bob Marley on itEriksen was out of the squad as Spurs drew 1-1 with Watford in yesterday’s controversial VAR farce.He scored for Spurs in their 2-2 draw at Arsenal earlier in the season, but as with most of the squad, he has been short of his best.Real Madrid are keen to sign Paul Pogba, after the Frenchman was pictured with Zinedine Zidane while injured on a trip to Dubai last week.3ACCA WITH LADBROKES Pick up a whole load of acca features to help you land the big one3 Ander Herrera moved to PSG from Manchester United on a free over the summerCredit: AP:Associated Press
GIOVANI LO CELSO is expected to return to Tottenham’s bench at the weekend as Mauricio Pochettino rotates his squad.The £55million Argentine, 23, was in sparkling form as he made his full debut against Red Star Belgrade – scoring in the 4-0 rout.1 Lo Celso is back in the frameCredit: Getty Images – GettyBut Pochettino is afraid of overworking his players as surprise package Sheffield United travel to Spurs tomorrow.He said: “I need to assess tomorrow morning, it is a short time to recover.“Some players suffer small issues and we have three games in six days. I still need to decide the team for tomorrow.”Christian Eriksen came off the bench to score the fourth against Red Star but his strike cannot gloss over a poor season overall from the wantaway ace.Speaking after the Champions League triumph, Lo Celso claimed he is finally hitting his groove after injury hampered the start of his Spurs career.He said: “I have been waiting a lot after I got injured, but I am enjoying this moment and would like to thank my team-mates and the staff.“I am starting to adapt well. I had a small problem with the injury with the national team, but I am back and more importantly I now feel well and have completed my first game for the club.”Most read in footballTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’NEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticREF RELEASEDChampions League ref Vincic released by cops after arrest in prostitution raidKEANE DEALEx Man United youth ace David Jones says Roy Keane negotiated a contract for himREF RAIDChampions League ref Vincic ‘arrested in raid into drugs and prostitution ring’STIR IT UPBohemians post cryptic response to FIFA promoting a jersey with Bob Marley on itFans are keen to see Lo Celso given another chance to impress but Eriksen is likely to join two-goal Son Heung-min, Harry Kane and Dele Alli in attack.Harry Winks could also return, with Toby Alderweireld – who has played every minute in the league – coming back into the defence.But Hugo Lloris, Erik Lamela and Jan Vertonghen have been ruled out.Mauricio Pochettino has been impressed by Sheffield United
A BALLBOY hugged by Jose Mourinho after helping Spurs score said yesterday: “I didn’t even see the goal.”Callum Hynes, 15, was hailed by the new Spurs boss for his crucial role in their win over Olympiacos in the Champions League.3 Jose Mourinho hailed ballboy Callum Hynes for his role in helping Spurs defeat Olympiacos3 The ball boy quickly gave the ball to Serge Aurier to throw – Spurs caught Olympiakos unaware to scoreCredit: BT SportHis quick throw to Serge Aurier caught the Greeks napping — and led to Harry Kane pulling the score back to 2-2. Spurs, who had been 2-0 down, went on to win 4-2 on Tuesday night.Callum said: “I was just doing my job and I still can’t quite believe what happened.“I didn’t even see the goal! I was busy getting the ball… and then I heard the cheer. I turned around and Harry was celebrating.”Mourinho then high-fived and hugged the teen, who said: “You can see from my smile it was unbelievable.“Jose didn’t have to do that. It was really nice of him to come over to me. It’s made my day, my life, really.”Mourinho also wanted to invite Callum into the dressing room after — but he was on his way home to prepare for an exam.Callum, from Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, said: “The whole way I was using a torch in the car to go over my maths revision.”MOST READ IN SPORTTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battle’I ACCEPT’McGregor accepts Silva fight at UFC catchweight of 176lbs in huge super-fightTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramPicturedA CUT ABOVEMike Tyson shows two-inch cut ‘picked up in training’ ahead of boxing returnExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubLuckily for him teachers at Southend High School for Boys moved his test to yesterday.His mum Keeley said: “We were in the stadium and saw Jose go over to Callum. We thought it was going to be a high-five and didn’t expect any more but then our phones started pinging!”Mourinho said after the match: “He is a very good ballboy, understands the game, reads the game. He’s not there just to look to the stands, the lights or the scarves.”3 Callum, who received an end-of-season certificate from Son Heung-Min in May, said the hug from Mourinho ‘made his life’Jose Mourinho says he wanted to invite the heroic Spurs ballboy to the dressing room after the match but couldn’t find him GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com
Sims is unsettled at Newcastle and is keen to settle at a more established and successful club, meaning there is high possibility of him walking out on the final year of his $400,000 a year contract.Meanwhile James has reportedly been offered a big money contract by the inter-state rivals, although he is set to reject the deal and finalise a new three-year commitment to the Titans.Bennett is desperate for a forward leader and might have to settle for only Sims, with James likely to stay put at the Gold Coast.Sims’ departure will put more pressure on the struggling Newcastle forward pack, and coach Nathan Brown is considering making a play for former Souths and Penrith forward Chris Grevsmuhl who was released by the Panthers last season on compassionate grounds.The Titans will fancy their chances of retaining one of their best forwards, but may face another fight with the Brisbane mastercoach who has expressed his interest in Broncos junior Ashley Taylor.Bennett is super keen on the teen sensation and if Ben Hunt ends up moving to a Sydney club, expect the Broncos to put in a huge offer for the man they once had their hands on.Will the Titans be able to win the battle against their big brother?
Reigning champions New Zealand have been pitted against South Africa and Italy in Pool B, while England have France and Argentina for company in their five-team group.The Wallabies, meanwhile, will go up against Wales and Georgia, as well as qualifiers from Oceania and the Americas, in Pool D.But Cheika would not get carried away with what appears on paper to be a better draw, suggesting any hint of complacency could well prove Australia’s downfall in Japan.”When you’re standing out there and singing the anthem, 0-0 all bets off,” said Cheika.”The minute you stop thinking like that is the minute you get in the water. That’s how you’ve got to chart a course in tournament play.”That’s something that’s different in competition, regardless of who the draw is against.”You’ve got to plan with the lay of the land, those teams you’re playing, know who the crossover teams are, do the homework, but at the end of the day it’s going to be all about how we play.”You’ve got to win seven games to get there and you put your best foot forward on all seven occasions.”Michael Cheika popped out after the #RWC2019 draw, to speak to you! #StrongerAsOne pic.twitter.com/W8kFUY1yo8— Qantas Wallabies (@qantaswallabies) May 10, 2017Cheika is particularly wary of Georgia but wants the Wallabies to improve upon their runner-up finish in England in 2015.”Australians probably won’t know a lot about them but they’re a team being run by a few Kiwi lads and they’re on the up and up,” he said.”Strong forward play, they’ve got some gas out wide and between now and 2019 we’ll learn a bit more about them.”The reality is just how big an event the World Cup is and how important it is for us to go one better in 2015.”
In a trial match played by the two contenders of the 2016 Digicel Cup, Tigers wasted no time running over the line three times to lead 14-0 in the first quarter.Eagles regrouped and came back strong in the second quarter, scoring a try and keeping the visitors scoreless.The halftime score was Tigers 14, Eagles 4.With local crowd support into the third quarter, the Eagles put more pressure with hard tackles, stopping their opponents and allowing themselves a four pointer.Tigers also collected four points, bringing the score to 20-10 in their favour.The Eagles scored another successfully converted try in the final quarter, keeping their hopes alive.But the Tigers sealed the game with a final try with the full time score 24-16.The match was witnessed by PNGNRL Administrator Stanley Hondina, officials of the PNG Referees Association, WHP Government representatives and Hagen League officials.Eagles will host Whagi Tumbe when the 2016 Digicel Cup season-proper starts on April 17 while the Tigers will be on bye.Photo: Pictured is Tigers captain Charlie Simon (right) and team mates cooling off after the trial match at Rabiamul.
Coach Catherine Kususan said the tournament has built up confidence for her young side comprising mostly of primary and secondary school girls.Wewak finished fourth in the tournament, however, displayed competitiveness in their earlier pool games, even toppling host Madang in their meeting.Kusunan said the tournament had taught the players many new things and they look forward to better improvement next year. She added that the Momase Best qualifier was provided a good experience for most of the young players and good yard stick for the team and individual players to improve on in next major tournaments.Lahi women team from Morobe bagged the Momase Besta qualifier title after toppling its sister team Lae Football Association, while Wau edged out Wewak for the third and fourth placings.Local Organising Committee Chairman of the Momase Besta qualifier, John Maripal also heaped praise on a young female player from Wewak Eunice Wablasu, who displayed class for a raw talent from East Sepik. Eunice was awarded the Most Valuable Player in the women’s division during the presentation at the end of the tournament last Sunday.Picture: Wewak’s Besta team had the youngest players
Photograph: EFE Rafael Nadal suffered greater than anticipated to get the 7-6 (4) and 6-Four victory in opposition to a troublesome Yoshihito Nishioka, quantity 72 in the world, and, in this fashion, assure for the Spanish group each the management of group B as the cross to the quarterfinals of the tennis ATP Cup after the victory of Roberto Bautista over Go Soeda and the subsequent 3-Zero clasp to the Japanese in the doubles. The Mallorcan defeats Nishioka after the preliminary victory of BautistaTogether with Carreño, he closes in the doubles the Spanish 3-0 to Japan Nishioka, 24, who in earlier rounds beat each Uruguayan Pablo Cuevas (6-Zero and 6-1) and Georgian Nikoloz Basilashvili (6-2 and 6-3), managed to get a break forward up to twice In the first manga. Nonetheless, the rapid response of the Spaniard prolonged the first assault till the tiebreaker, which Nadal took 7-4.The Japanese didn’t decrease his arms and pressed till the final sigh to the world primary, who received the break with the rating equal to 4 in the second set to observe each the sport and the cross to the quarterfinals.Beforehand, Roberto Bautista had received Go Soeda, 119 of the world, 6-2 and 6-4 in a match in which the Spaniard wanted two units and a little bit greater than an hour and a half to put the first level in the tie. After the two singles, Spain closed the cross in opposition to the Japanese with a brand new victory in the doubles that confronted Rafa Nadal and Pablo Carreño in opposition to Go Soeda and Ben McLachlan. Though the Spaniards superior with the preliminary 7-6, the Japanese matched the duel (4-6), however left the conflict in the supertiebreak, the place they have been crushed 10-6 for the undefeated Spanish.
Atlético de Madrid continues its casting to reinforce the lead, and in recent weeks he has also been interested in one of the most effective tips of the Serie A. It’s about Arkadiusz Milik: as he could tell ACE, the Polish has been on the list of mattresses for some time, who have contacted their surroundings taking information about their situation. An average that has improved in this course, in which He has already scored 10 goals in 12 games and 855 minutes in the green. Basically, one every 85 ‘: seven of his goals came in Serie A, and it’s the unique in the five major leagues to have achieved them with less than 10 presences.Milik, with 25 years, promises to improve still much, and his contract that expires in 2021 It has aroused the interest of several clubs also in England (it is spoken of Manchester United). The desire of the tip, however, is renew your link with the entity of De Laurentiis, who should meet with his agent in these weeks to try to reach an agreement on duration and termination clause (the team proposes five years and 100 million). If it does not arrive, the Atleti will call again … Having suffered two consecutive injuries in the cruciate ligament, which left him out during almost every game of his first two Neapolitan seasons (in which he still added 14 goals), the former Ajax last year finally had continuity and scored 20 targets in 47 presences.
Was it his right eye? “I want to think so, but there were others, like Cristiano or Ramos. I could not say if it was his right eye, I do not have so much confidence with him (with Florentino). He has never told me. “He always said that Bale would win the Golden Ball … “Now it is unlikely.” Are you still in love with Florentino de Bale? “I think so. He has a fantastic relationship with him. “