A 55-year-old man who allegedly rubbed his body against a four-year-old girl was on Monday arraigned and released on bail when he made his first court appearance at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.John Fitzgerald Hopkinson, of Kitty, Georgetown, appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan. It is alleged that on April 26, 2019, at Queen Street, Kitty, Georgetown, he sexually assaulted the child.The matter was heard in-camera. The Magistrate ordered that a mental evaluation be conducted to determine if Hopkinson was competent to stand trial. He was released on $20,000 bail. The case will continue on October 14, 2019.
The various law enforcement agencies all issued statements recently asking residents to lock their vehicles and remove all valuables from plain view. “We definitely have seen an increase in the problem recently, and that’s why we are asking people to keep their cars locked up and report suspicious people around their neighborhoods,” said Sgt. Dave Livingstone, a spokesman for the Simi Valley Police Department. He could not say why there has been a recent increase in thefts, but Ventura County sheriff’s deputies say it appears to be connected to illegal drugs. “It’s very common for the street-level drug offender to target vehicles because they can get items to trade for drugs or pawn for cash to buy drugs,” Buschow said. “I would say the majority of these crimes are connected to drugs.” email@example.com (805) 583-7602160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SIMI VALLEY – The area from Agoura Hills to Thousand Oaks to Simi Valley has been hit by a rash of thefts from cars and trucks recently, especially at night in residential areas. The Ventura and Los Angeles counties sheriff’s departments and Simi Valley police have all reported increases in thefts from vehicles and are working together to find the culprits. “We’ve formed kind of a task force to tackle this problem,” said Ventura County sheriff’s Detective Eric Buschow, who works in Thousand Oaks. “Over the last several months, we’ve arrested several groups of people from Los Angeles and Ventura counties. We have situations where thieves come from Simi Valley and target Thousand Oaks and vice versa.” “It’s not one identifiable group that is responsible.”
“When the previous record was £89 million (for Paul Pogba), to suddenly go to £200 million, that’s something else going on there.”PSG paid Barcelona 222 million euros ($260 million) to sign Neymar last week, obliterating the record of 105 million euros ($116 million) set by Manchester United’s purchase of Paul Pogba from Juventus last year.Premier League spending in the current transfer window has rocketed past £1 billion, but Scudamore says PSG’s Qatari owners are in a different league.“That’s the owners of Paris Saint-Germain and the Qataris deciding that they want to make a statement and they’ve made a huge statement,” he said.“But I don’t think we’re going to see that replicated and, in some ways, I’m glad it’s not the Premier League holding that particular record.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Neymar joined Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona in a record-breaking move © AFP/File / Lionel BONAVENTURELONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 9 – Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore does not expect to see Premier League clubs pulling off transfers to match Neymar’s record-breaking move to Paris Saint-Germain, he said on Wednesday.“I can’t see anything like that (in the Premier League),” Scudamore told BBC Radio 5 Live.
“The Russians are very committed to this World Cup being a total success,” he told a news conference in Panama.There are concerns violence could erupt between fanatical “ultras,” particularly Russian and English fans, who clashed at the 2016 European Championship tournament in France.However, the FIFA chief — explaining he had been involved in the organization of four European Championships — confirmed organizers in Russia are pulling out all the stops to avoid such incidents.“I have a little bit of experience in organizing big events and I have to say that I have never seen the level of preparation — especially in security — that I am seeing in Russia anywhere else,” he said.The tournament — which runs from June 14 to July 15 — is set to attract fans from all over the world, as spectators will not need a visa to attend.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000FIFA President Gianni Infantino said that Russia is “very committed to this World Cup being a total success” © AFP/File / Luis ACOSTAPANAMA CITY, Panama, Mar 17 – FIFA president Gianni Infantino said Saturday that the upcoming World Cup will not be a “war,” as Russian authorities and Vladimir Putin are committed to ensuring safety amid fears of fan clashes.“We are not going to war,” Infantino said. “You will see that we are going to have a football party and if anyone wants to cause trouble, they will have problems.”
Chairman of the Donegal Hospice Dr James McDaid has said Highland Radio will now only get a fixed fee from a new fundraising venture between the two parties.Chairman of the Donegal Hospice, Dr James McDaid.Chairman of the Hospice, Dr McDaid, today gave evidence in court as he applied for a license for a new bingo game.Dr McDaid revealed that the local radio station will now get a fixed fee for the game which will not exceed 40%. The well-known local GP said there had been previous controversy when Highland had an agreement with Rehab.He said local people were concerned that money being raised locally was not being spent locally.He said the Hospice committee had met with Highland and had come to an agreement.Under the new agreement Highland will get a fixed fee which will not exceed 40% of the first 1,600 bingo books sold. However, he said the Donegal Hospice now hoped to increase the sale of bingo books from 1,600 to 2,500.Dr McDaid also referred to the fact that the Hospice was in “dire need” of financial assistance.Highland ended their association with Rehab on May 2nd.The radio station had applied to the Letterkenny District Court for a bingo license several weeks ago, with the station saying it wanted to earn €52,000-a-year profits from “running costs” and giving the rest to the Donegal Hospice.Judge Paul Kelly had asked radio station director Hazel Russell at a previous hearing to provide a break-down of its proposed figures. He also told her that no more than 40 per cent of cash generated could be spent on administration.Ms Russell revealed the station would charge €25 every time bingo numbers were read out, and this happened eight times per day. This would amount to €1,000 per week – or €52,000 per annum – as bingo was played five times per week.But Ms Russell later returned to the same court to say the license application was being withdrawn.At today’s court sitting, Judge Paul Kelly granted the new license and wished Dr McDaid and the Donegal Hospice the best of luck with the new venture. HIGHLAND AGREE TO ‘FIXED FEE’ FOR NEW BINGO GAME WITH DONEGAL HOSPICE was last modified: June 9th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:charitydonegaldonegal hospiceHighland RadioLetterkenny District Court
An inquest into the death of a Co Donegal man who fell from a boat has heard there may be a criminal prosecution in the case.The late Conal GildeaConal Gildea, 25, fell into the River Liffey in Dublin while attending a party on a floating bar. Conal, from Ardara, had to be identified through his tattoos, Dublin Coroner’s Court heard.His body was recovered from the river at Britton Quay in Dublin’s city centre by the Garda Water Unit on Monday, April 29 this year, two days after he had last been seen on the boat.At the opening of the inquest into his death, Inspector Martin Mooney of Pearse Street Garda Station told the Dublin coroner that the matter is the subject of an “ongoing investigation which may lead to a criminal prosecution”.Requesting an adjournment of the inquest to facilitate the investigation, he confirmed that it is not a homicide issue but relates to issues of “supply”. He said that a number of witnesses have yet to be interviewed.The court heard that the dead man, who was a prominent member of his local community and a member of Ardara GAA club, was identified by his sister Sarah Gildea. She told the court that she confirmed identification after Gardaí showed her two photographs of tattoos, including one on her brother’s right forearm which said “Only God Can Judge Me” and another six-year-old tattoo on his left abdomen.Ms Gildea said that her brother had been living with her at the time of his death and was completing the final weeks of a plumbing apprenticeship.Coroner Dr Brian Farrell said that the post-mortem was carried out by deputy state pathologist Dr Michael Curtis who gave the cause of death as drowning. He told the family that there are “other issues” which he will be going into at a later date.He adjourned the inquest for further mention on December 12 to allow time for Gardaí to continue their inquiries.CRIMINAL PROSECUTION COULD BE MADE IN TRAGIC DONEGAL MAN’S DEATH, INQUEST HEARS was last modified: August 28th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ArdaraboatConal GildeafallRiver Liffey
THE American tourist at the centre of a five-day search in Co Donegal last September is planning to return this summer to personally thank those who found her.Kelly Jones, 42, returned to the States with her father Rick after her ordeal.She had told gardai before she left that she ‘blacked out’ for five days before she was found inside a renovated rectory in Glencolmcille. Miss Jones has told friends on the internet that she wants to return to Donegal to “personally thank” her rescuers.Her father, a former professor of animal science at The University of Georgia, thanked rescuers after the ordeal last September.“They spent many, many hours to find Kelly. I was talking to a few of them and they were just thrilled. It’s been a plus for them. They really worked very hard. They were elated,” he said at the time.“I don’t think we know what happened. I am not certain myself. We all have a lot of questions.” Mr Jones said Kelly is an only child. Her mother passed away some years ago. His daughter had been fascinated with Ireland from an early age and had traced a great-grandmother called Collins to Co Antrim.“The fact that she had red hair may have entered into her mind as having Irish descendancy. She was an avid reader of literature and poetry and she read stories about Ireland. Her love of it may have grown from that and from the music. She knew of U2.The 64-year-old said Kelly worked in various jobs in the food and beverage industry, mainly waiting. She was born in Texas, but worked in Charleston South Carolina and he lives Georgia.Now Kelly is hoping to visit Co Donegal again this summer. AMERICAN TOURIST IN MISSING ALERT PLANS RETURN TO GLENCOLMCILLE was last modified: April 18th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:AMERICAN TOURIST IN MISSING ALERT PLANS RETURN TO GLENCOLMCILLEKELLY JONES
Eden Hazard returns to the Chelsea line-up for the trip to Crystal Palace, but Cesc Fabregas is dropped to the bench.Hazard, who was rested for the win at Sunderland on Wednesday with a minor injury, comes in for Pedro.Fabregas, the match-winner at the Stadium of Light, makes way for Nemanja Matic as boss Antonio Conte opts for a more physical midfield.Chelsea are chasing a club-record equalling 11th consecutive Premier League win.Palace also make two changes, with Jason Puncheon back from suspension and Joe Ledley coming in for Mathieu Flamini.Crystal Palace: Hennessey; Ward, Dann, Delaney, Kelly; Zaha, Cabaye, McArthur, Ledley, Puncheon; Benteke.Subs: Speroni, Fryers, Husin, Mutch, Lee, Townsend, Campbell.Chelsea: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Willian, Diego Costa, Hazard.Subs: Begovic, Ivanovic, Zouma, Chalobah, Fabregas, Pedro, Batshuayi. Ads by Revcontent Trending Articles Urologists: Men, Forget the Blue Pill! This “Destroys” ED x ‘Genius Pill’ Used By Rich Americans Now Available In Netherlands! x Men, You Don’t Need the Blue Pill if You Do This x What She Did to Lose Weight Stuns Doctors: Do This Daily Before Bed! x One Cup of This (Before Bed) Burns Belly Fat Like Crazy! x Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy x Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Imagine the first Martian astronauts coming home confused, impaired and demented. This is the risk from solar radiation on Mars, say a group of NASA medical researchers (see RxPG News). Among the gravest risks of a manned flight to Mars ranks the possibility that massive amounts of solar and cosmic radiation will decimate the brains of astronauts, leaving them in a vegetative state, if they survive at all. Dubbed “Risk 29” by NASA’s Mars scientists, the cosmic radiation risk remains a show-stopper because shielding a spacecraft from all radiation could make it too heavy to reach Mars, which, at its closest, is 38 million miles from earth. The kinds of radiation astronauts could be exposed could be like that from a nuclear disaster, one of the researchers said, because, “The sun is basically a big nuclear reactor.” Though we are much closer to the sun, we are “shielded on Earth by the atmosphere and the Van Allen Radiation Belts” which Mars lacks. Incidentally, James Van Allen, who discovered these life-saving belts around Earth, passed away last month at the age of 91 (see JPL press release). He was the last from a famous 1958 photo showing three space pioneers holding a replica of the first US satellite, Explorer 1, high overhead in victory at a press conference. Alongside him were William Pickering and Wernher von Braun. Movie scriptwriters never bring up these problems on Star Trek and all the other space thrillers. Fact is, it’s a shooting gallery out there. High-energy particles would rip into our flesh constantly were it not for our protective bubble here on God’s green earth. (Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)FacebookTwitterPinterestSave分享0
2 June 2005Conflict in Darfur, Sudan and the upcoming G8 summit were top of the agenda when President Thabo Mbeki met United States President George W Bush at the White House on Wednesday.Mbeki was in Washington on a two-day state visit, accompanied by Foreign Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.The two heads of state met in the Oval Office for an hour-long private discussion before speaking to reporters from both countries.According to Foreign Affairs spokesman Ronnie Mamoepa, Mbeki has been consulting various leaders of the G8 with a view to ensuring practical outcomes for Africa during the G8 summit, which takes place in Gleneagles, Scotland from 6 to 8 July.Britain, currently the chair of the G8, has put African development, including debt cancellation, high on the agenda for the July summit.Mbeki is one of a number of African heads of state will will be attending the July conference, where Bush said he hoped to advance what he called his “compassion agenda”.Bush said that the issue of aid to Africa was a “two-way street”, requiring recipient countries to eradicate corruption and to commit themselves to “democratic principles, such as rule of law and transparency and human rights and human decency.“That’s where [Mbeki] has played such a vital role, because South Africa has been a stalwart when it comes to democratic institutions,” Bush said.Discussing Darfur, Mbeki thanked Bush for the assistance that the US has provided in the region thus far, at the same time calling for more humanitarian aid for the region.“What we’ve asked for is the necessary logistical and other support to be able to ensure that we discharge our responsibilities,” Mbeki said.“We have not asked for anybody outside of the African continent to deploy troops in Darfur. It’s an African responsibility and we can do it.”In May, Bush and former South African president Nelson Mandela discussed the battle against Aids in Africa and ways of reducing developing country debt during a meeting at the White House.SouthAfrica.info reporter