Listen To Tedeschi Trucks Band’s First Weekend At The Beacon [Full Audio]

first_imgAs part of their 6th annual residency, Tedeschi Trucks Band embarked on their first of two weekends at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. Delivering hugely diverse setlists on both Friday and Saturday night, the 12-piece soul ensemble, led by husband and wife Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi, opened their six-night stand with a weekend to be remembered.Friday night included a guest appearance from Amy Ray on vocals, while Saturday night included blues guitarist Junior Mack and guitarist Tash Neal of the London Souls. Thanks to edtyre2 for uploading both nights to archive.org.Friday, September 30:Saturday, October 1:[Photo via Tedeschi Trucks Band]last_img

Charges Upgraded in Sarah Goode Murder Case

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York The 19-year-old Mastic man accused of killing a Medford woman and leaving her lifeless body in the woods has been indicted on upgraded murder charges, authorities said.Dante Taylor had originally been charged with second-degree murder, but now faces the more severe charge of first-degree murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, as opposed to 25 years to life under the original charge.He has also been indicted for attempted rape in a separate incident that occurred July 2011, authorities said.The indictment will be unsealed Thursday at State Supreme Court in Riverhead.Suffolk police said Taylor allegedly murdered 21-year-old Sarah Goode, who had been missing for several days before her body was found. A search crew of about 40 people discovered her body on June 12 in a wooded-area in Medford and alerted police.Goode was reported missing by her sister in early June. Her BMW was found about a mile from where her body was discovered.Taylor was arrested July 10 in Florida by Suffolk County police detectives and the United States Marshals for an unrelated arrest warrant. He was then transported back to Suffolk County for his initial court appearance.last_img read more

Without the fight and the loss to the Rockets, the Lakers wouldn’t look the same

first_img Lakers, Clippers schedules set for first round of NBA playoffs How athletes protesting the national anthem has evolved over 17 years Walton didn’t have to keep them in the starting lineup, but the Lakers saw both go on spectacular runs in the next three games: Ball averaged 12.7 points, 6.7 assists and 6.3 rebounds, while Kuzma scored more than 25 points per game in the same stretch. Walton ended up keeping Ball in over Rondo, while moving Josh Hart out of the starting lineup to accommodate both Ingram and Kuzma – going younger in the process and giving his starting lineup length.There have been important consequences to those choices. While Ball has intermittently struggled through his second year, the starting lineup didn’t have to be changed when Rondo broke his hand, allowing the Lakers to focus on stabilizing the bench. Kuzma has been hot in his last six games (23.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 3.8 apg), prompting some to wonder if he might be establishing himself as the second-best player on the team.Now, Kuzma, Ball and LeBron James have logged the most minutes (591) of any three-man group on the Lakers, and they’ve outscored opponents by 48 points when they’re on the floor together.Today, Walton says that was a starting group he had “penciled in” as a possibility during the preseason. But even he didn’t foresee how that change would deeply shape his team.“You go through it, and what you think is going to happen never happens,” he said. “And guys, groups change, and that’s where we’re at now and there will be more changes by the end of the season. That definitely played a part in it, how much I can’t tell you. But that’s why we’re always open and looking for different ways for our team to succeed.”In a more personal way, the Rockets also set Kuzma on a path that has made him a stalwart for the Lakers through 27 games. While the fight overshadowed the result, the Rockets beat the Lakers 124-115 that night, going after Kuzma again and again on defense, switching him onto Harden and Paul. He wound up with four fouls in the game, and he was frustrated and flustered afterward. He texted Walton that it would never happen again.Related Articles AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersWhen asked if he had any extra concerns about lingering grudges or extra caution about the fight going into the Rockets game, Coach Luke Walton couldn’t rush “no, no, no, no,” out fast enough.Sign up for Home Turf and get exclusive stories every SoCal sports fan must read, sent daily. Subscribe here.“Our prep is all about guarding them and what they do well, and trying to prepare for all that switching they do and how we can take advantage of that,” he said. “That’s the only place our mind’s at.”But the most lasting legacy of the fight might be not the blows themselves, but how the events shaped this Lakers team: Winners of six of their past seven games, there’s a compelling case that the fallout shaped what the Lakers would eventually become.Exhibit A: It’s almost easy to forget now that Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma started the season on the bench.That game against the Rockets was the last time either came off the bench this season. It was a change borne out of necessity: Walton needed to replace Rondo and Ingram in the starting lineup after being suspended. Ball, as the sole true backup at point guard, and Kuzma, a versatile scoring threat, were the players who seemed most natural to step in. Trail Blazers beat Grizzlies in play-in, earn first-round series with the Lakers EL SEGUNDO — Unlike actual pro fist fights, this one won’t have a rematch.On Thursday the Lakers (17-10) take on the Houston Rockets without Rajon Rondo and Brandon Ingram, the two players who threw punches in the brawl at Staples Center back on Oct. 20. It’s been almost two months since the Lakers and Rockets last played, and even though Chris Paul is expected to suit up, Rondo’s and Ingram’s absence releases much of the lingering tension – if there even is any.Rondo is scheduled to see a doctor for a follow up on the fracture in his right hand on Thursday. Ingram is supposed to see a doctor on Saturday about his left ankle sprainAnd the rest of the Lakers? They’re just focused on trying to win their seventh game in their last eight against a Houston squad (12-14) that has looked surprisingly vulnerable and is sitting in the second-to-last spot in the Western Conference standings.center_img Trail Blazers, Grizzlies advance to NBA play-in game; Suns, Spurs see playoff dreams dashed Lakers practice early hoping to answer all questions Kuzma hasn’t been a consistent lockdown defender since then, but he’s been much more valuable on that end in recent games: The team allows 99.4 points per 100 possessions when Kuzma has been on the floor in the last 10 games. That figure rises to 102.3 points per 100 possessions when he subs out in that span. In short: He’s had a positive influence on stopping opponents.With Ingram out in the past week, it’s often fallen to him to defend opposing teams’ top wings – a challenge he welcomes. He’s done a better job of positioning, of contesting, of having his feet in the right place. Even his fouling is down, albeit just slightly.It isn’t particularly surprising that when Kuzma was asked what will be the key to winning on the four-game trip, the first thing he said was “a defensive mindset.”“I believe that’s one thing that translates to any type of level on the road,” he said. “If we can do that, we’ll have a chance.”The Lakers are hopeful they can win in Houston, and that Rondo and Ingram can make a swift return. But it’s hard to argue that this team would look the same without that fight – and that defeat – with the Rockets that shaped them as much as any game this season. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

Pregnant FL Woman Overdoses with Two Children in Car

first_imgA newborn is in critical condition in Polk County, Florida, after an emergency C-section had to be performed on the mother, who overdosed on cocaine.The Polk County Sheriff’s Office arrested 36-year-old Marsha Forrester on Thursday, after they found her passed out in her car, with her other two children inside.Forrester admitted to detectives that she had been using cocaine for two days before passing out. She also told them that she picked up the two children, who are both under age five, in Lakeland and then stopped at a convenience store in Winter Haven. She entered the store to use cocaine, and left the children in the car. Afterward, she drove to a Publix parking lot, where she passed out.A passerby alerted the Polk County Fire Rescue about the car, which was running but had its air conditioning turned off. Deputies found Forrester slumped over the wheel of the car, while the children were crying and sweating. According to deputies, the temperature was 90 degrees, with a heat index of 99 degrees.Fire rescue officials then pulled Forrester from the car and administered two doses of narcan before delivering the baby. Deputies say the other two children were uninjured.Sheriff Grady Judd says, “I’m both furious and heartbroken about this. Two small children and a baby who was due to be born soon were put into serious danger, all because this woman wanted to get high. She chose cocaine over the safety of these little ones.”Forrester was arrested and charged with two counts of negligent child abuse. She was booked into the Polk County Jail.last_img read more

Australian racing driver Renee Gracie joins adult film industry to tackle financial crisis!

first_imgImage Courtesy: Getty/InstagramAdvertisement s3xstwNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs9d3Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eudn( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 33n4Would you ever consider trying this?😱b8wfzCan your students do this? 🌚6xj7kRoller skating! Powered by Firework Often times, many athletes and sportspersons face financial struggles in their careers, and some of them decide to take a switch, and look into other career options to tackle the crisis and to comfortable. However, Renee Gracie puts up a bizarre example. The Australian racing driver decided to leave her motorsport career behind, to join adult film industry!Advertisement Image Courtesy: Getty/InstagramRenee Gracie, the 25 year old driver from Brisbane made the decision to leave her track days behind last year, and has been reportedly earning a jaw dropping $25,000 a week in her new profession!The former Dunlop Super2 Series driver took to a live session on Instagram to share the experience about her new career.Advertisement “I’ve made a lot of money, it’s not even been two months yet and I can probably confidently say that by the end of 2 months, I will be close to six digits. The money has been so good and it obviously made me do it longer and made me wanna make sure that I could be successful,” Gracie said on Instagram.The first ever full time Aussie female V8 Supercars driver has joined the renowned content subscription service OnlyFans, which has helped her recover from the economic crisis she faced during her time behind the steering wheel.Advertisement “It has put me in a financial position I could never have dreamt of and I really enjoy it. I sell those photos and people tip me. I have a 30-year housing loan that I am about to pay off in 12 months,” she added.While Gracie has revealed that her family has been very supportive of her decision, many of her racing days supporters and other critics have expressed dislike and disgust over her switch to the adult industry, but she is the least bothered by it.“People think by being mean to me, it’s gonna upset me or I am gonna care but it’s not actually like that,” Gracie responded, “I don’t need like touch a stranger or something and no amount of money can make me do that.”If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comAlso read-Ishant Sharma caught calling Darren Sammy ‘kalu’ on social media postPaytm and Riot Games to host Teamfight Tactics Tournament: prize pool of Rs 75,000! Advertisementlast_img read more