Enda Bonner added to Fianna Fail party ticket for upcoming local elections

first_imgFianna Fail have announced that Cllr. Enda Bonner is set to be added to their party ticket for the upcoming local elections.Last week, sitting county councillor Enda Bonner was left stunned when he was out-voted by local Fianna Fail activist, Noreen McGarvey.Ms McGarvey, who works as an assistant to Deputy Pat the Cope Gallagher, ousted the former Senator by 33 votes to 26. Bonner will now contest the elections alongside fellow party member for the Glenties Electoral area.Enda Bonner added to Fianna Fail party ticket for upcoming local elections was last modified: March 18th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Enda Bonnerfianna failGlentieslast_img read more

Fulham boss confident after Khan talks

first_imgFulham head coach Rene Meulensteen has held talks with club owner Shahid Khan and insists he has been given the American’s full backing.Meulensteen’s struggling side are bottom of the Premier League, having lost eight times in 11 league games since he took over from Martin Jol in December.The Whites’ 13-year stay in the top flight is in serious jeopardy and they face daunting fixtures against Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea in the coming weeks.Meulensteen has spoken to Khan.But Meulensteen believes his position is safe.He said: “I have been in contact with him. We are keeping good dialogue and he has given me his full support.“He told us to remain focused and optimistic. There are points to play for in the remaining games and we need to rise to the challenge.“It’s important to get the owner’s support but it’s even more important that I know the job I need to do with the players. That is what will turn things around.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

QPR fans on Twitter react to loss at Barnsley

first_imgMany QPR fans on Twitter criticised their team’s defending following the 3-2 loss at Barnsley.Rangers had led 2-1 after penalties from Tjaronn Chery and Sebastian Polter, but Barnsley scored twice in the last 13 minutes to clinch victory, with Grant Hall sent off late on.Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was unhappy with referee Darren Bond’s decisions – but some supporters preferred to focus on the issues at the back.I think it’s safe to say we actually self-destructed tonight – threw this one away. Never mind. We go again Saturday #QPR #BARQPR— SDRangersmad (@Sandyhoops) August 17, 2016#qpr the loss v Barnsley doesn’t bother me as much as the lack of defensive discipline and ability to hold on to leads and close out games— Raghu Bala (@raghurambala) August 18, 2016Normal service had resumed at #QPR. Throwing away leads and conceeding in the last minute. Back to reality.— Bush Ranger (@BushRangerW12) August 17, 2016From 1-2 up w/ 5 to go.To 3-2 down w/ 10 men.Normal service resumed.#QPR— N i K ✂️ (@NikTheBarber_) August 17, 2016No meltdown but extremely painful letting a 2-1 lead slip like that. Appalling defending for the 1st and 3rd goals. Just a fact. #QPR— Steve (@QPRSteve1982) August 17, 2016Disappointing result, the 1st & 3rd goals we conceded were awful. Free header & Hall outmuscled easily. On to Sat #QPR— Ross Winter (@RosswerQPR) August 17, 2016The foul on Hall was blatant but the defending after that was non existent. #QPR ⚽— ♛ᴛʀᴀɴᴄᴇ✰ʀᴀɴɢᴇʀ✰ (@Jakderippa) August 18, 2016QPR have 6 points in 3. I would have taken 2 points in 3 so not that bothered to be honest. Defence the issue again! Standard #QPR— Mark Hillman (@hillmania) August 17, 2016Need to sort this defending out!!— sean (@sean_Qpr) August 17, 2016Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Twitter Search Queries Grew 33% Since April

first_imgGuide to Performing Bulk Email Verification Chances are that if you’ve been using Twitter much lately, you’ve become more familiar the popular microblog’s secondary mascot, the fail whale, who likes to show up and let you know when Twitter is over capacity. Whether it’s the World Cup or simply a networking error, the fail whale has been showing its ugly face more and more. Now you can add one more reason to that list: People are searching Twitter for information more than ever before. According to Kim-Mai Cutler of VentureBeat, Twitter’s search queries are up 33% from April, a stat that should silence any of those critics who previously asked if the service had gone stagnant. The article quotes Twitter co-founder Biz Stone as stating that the company has begun handling 800 million queries a day. The company reported at its developer conference, Chirp, last April that it was handling 600 million queries daily. As Danny Sullivan wrote in SearchEngineLand when these numbers first appeared in April, comparing Twitter searches with Google and Bing isn’t exactly an apples to apples comparison.“Most of Twitter’s traffic isn’t happening at Twitter itself,” Sullivan wrote. “Instead, it’s happening through API calls — a system for partners to send a search to Twitter and get the info back.”While the numbers may seem to say we’ve all suddenly begun streaming to Twitter.com, in reality, many of these queries likely come from automated searches set up in third-party clients like TweetDeck or search-enabled widgets displayed on other websites. With Twitter attempting to monetize through sponsored search results, however, any news saying that query numbers are on the rise can be good news for Twitter. mike melanson Related Posts A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Auditcenter_img Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro… Tags:#news#search#twitter#web The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videoslast_img read more

Serena Williams withdraws from Rome with injured knee

first_imgDuterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Serena Williams, of the United States, gestures as she meets the journalists after winning her match against Sweden’s Rebecca Peterson at the Italian Open tennis tournament, in Rome, Monday, May, 13, 2019. (AP Photo/Gregorio Borgia)ROME — Serena Williams has withdrawn from the Italian Open ahead of her second-round match against sister Venus due to an old left knee injury.Tournament organizers made the announcement on Tuesday, a day after Serena opened her clay-court season with a straight-sets win over Swedish qualifier Rebecca Peterson.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting LATEST STORIES View comments DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. It’s the third straight tournament the 37-year-old Serena has exited from due to physical problems.She retired due to a viral illness during her third-round match against Garbine Muguruza in Indian Wells, California, and withdrew with a left knee injury before her third-round match at the Miami Open in March.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsAs a result of this latest withdrawal, Venus advances into the third round via a walkover.It wasn’t immediately clear if Serena would recover in time to play the French Open, which starts in less than two weeks. ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss MOST READ Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too Cherry Rondina vows to make all the support worth it as Tigresses take a shot at UAAP crownlast_img read more

CSECCVQ results released

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, August 25, 2017 – Providenciales – The anxiously awaited results for the May/June 2017 Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate Examinations (CSEC) and the Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ) were released on August 18; when students from schools throughout the country joined counterparts around the Caribbean in viewing their grades by logging into CXC’s Online Registration System.This year, four hundred and eighty-four (484) students registered two thousand, three hundred and seventy-one (2,371) entries in twenty-nine (29) subject areas; an increase of 3.62%. The country’s pass rate increased by 1%, from 72.59% to 73.59% this year.   Government Secondary Schools recorded pass rates between 70-94%.   There was improvement in the number of Grade I’s and II’s achieved; with the number of passes at Grade I increasing from 237, representing 11.43%, to 303, representing 13.85% and the number of passes at Grade II increasing from 589 or 28.41% to 636 or 29.07%; a difference of 2.42% and 0.66% respectively.Of the candidates who sat, two hundred and twenty-one (221) received passes in 1-4 subjects, one hundred and seventy (170) received passes in 5-9 subjects while five (5) received passes in ten or more subjects.Although the pass rate for English A remained at 69%, the quality of passes improved with 14.96% receiving Grade I versus 14.10% last year and 27.27% receiving Grade II when compared with 20.66% in 2016.   There was also a decline in the number of Grade III passes.While Mathematics again recorded a pass rate of 42%, there was a slight increase in the number of passes at Grade III.Please note that the results for English A and Mathematics are not a true reflection of performance in these areas, as a number of students would have passed these subjects at earlier sittings.It is worth noting that eleven (11) students sat Additional Mathematics this year with nine (9) or 81.82% achieving a passing grade; one (1) student received a Grade I and two (2) received Grade II.The 2017 results also revealed that there was improvement in the pass rate for fifteen (15) of the twenty-nine (29) subjects sat, namely: Chemistry, Physics, Integrated Science, Information Technology, Office Administration, Principles of Business, Electronic Document Preparation and Management, English B, Geography, French, Spanish, Visual Arts, Textiles Clothing and Fashion, Food Nutrition and Health and Technical Drawing.For the first year of registering for CVQ, fifteen (15) students pursued certification in four areas; Carpentry – Level 2, Commercial Food Preparation – Level 1, Data Operations – Level 1 and General Office Administration – Level 1.   Two students received unit certification for Carpentry, two for Commercial Food Preparation, three for Data Operations and two for General Office Administration.Commenting on this year’s performance, Minister of Education the Honourable Karen Malcolm said, “It is with a sense of pride, that I congratulate the students who successfully obtained passes in the CSEC examinations.   I am delighted with the overall improved academic results in 15 of the subject areas and awards for the first ever CVQ entrants. I also wish to congratulate the dedicated teachers who gave of themselves diligently to ensure that our students have a solid foundation to begin their adult lives.   I must commend and congratulate the parents and guardians who provided strong support to their children and encouraged them to do their best.   I wish all students much success in their future endeavors.   May God bless you.  Congratulations once again.”The Ministry of Education will continue to facilitate professional development opportunities for high school teachers.   Early in the 2017/18 academic year training will be facilitated for teachers in the Caribbean Vocational Qualifications (CVQ) programme.   Our teachers will participate in the regional subject specific workshops and seminars facilitated by the Caribbean Examinations Council during the year.   In addition to professional development the Ministry will continue the upgrading of laboratories, expansion and refurbishment of classrooms and outfitting of schools with the technological and other learning resources that are required to improve the quality of teaching and learning.Press Release: TCIG Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more