Tolentino No more debate with Drilon on China dea

first_imgTolentino: No more debate with Drilon on China deal SMC bags Bulacan airport project Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. PCSO to focus on improving transparency of gaming activities PLAY LIST 03:26PCSO to focus on improving transparency of gaming activities01:39Sotto open to discuss, listen to pros and cons of divorce bill06:02Senate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreements01:50Palace open to make Dengvaxia usable again as dengue cases spike01:49House seeks probe on ‘massive corruption’ in PCSO01:37PCSO estimates P250M in Lotto revenue loss due to suspension Read Next Tayag urged the Philippine National Police to intensify its crackdown on piccolo and other illegal fireworks, saying the DOH received reports that the items were being openly sold near a police station in Pasay City.MORE STORIESnewsinfoWHAT WENT BEFORE: Dengvaxia is world’s first dengue vaccinenewsinfoBaybayin revival makes native PH history hipnewsinfoMartial law in Negros? Military taking cue from local execsMORE STORIESnewsinfoWHAT WENT BEFORE: Dengvaxia is world’s first dengue vaccinenewsinfoBaybayin revival makes native PH history hipnewsinfoMartial law in Negros? Military taking cue from local execsStray bulletsThe DOH report also said that out of the 170 fireworks-related injuries, 78 cases or 46 percent occurred in Metro Manila, followed by 17 cases in Northern Mindanao.There was one case of firecracker ingestion and five cases of stray bullet injury. No deaths were reported.Most of the injured were males, 49 of whom were children under 10. Forty-nine were passive users or bystanders.ADVERTISEMENT Locsin wants to drop ‘visas upon arrival’ privilege MOST READ Painters refuse to go quietly Senate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreementscenter_img PH protests Chinese boat swarm, warship passage View comments WHAT WENT BEFORE: Dengvaxia is world’s first dengue vaccine Boy’s right hand lostOne hundred forty-seven sustained blast injuries not requiring amputation and 16 suffered eye injuries. Two victims had blast injuries that needed amputation, the DOH said.A 14-year-old boy who lost his right hand and an elderly man with a ruptured eyeball were among the worst injured so far, Tayag said.He tweeted that a five-year-old boy had also lost his right index finger from using fireworks. /Inquirer LATEST STORIES Mostly caused by piccoloThe DOH noted that fireworks-related injuries continued to increase in the days leading to the New Year as it recorded a total of 170 injuries as of 6 a.m., Saturday. Most of the injuries were caused by “piccolo,” a firecracker.FEATURED STORIESNEWSINFOSenate to probe Tolentino’s ‘novel legal theories’ on oral agreementsNEWSINFOLocsin wants to drop ‘visas upon arrival’ privilegeNEWSINFOIndian coffee magnate’s body found by riverThe number of recorded injuries was 167 in the same period last year.Sixty-two percent or 101 cases of fireworks-related injuries were caused by piccolo, a banned firecracker. Baybayin revival makes native PH history hip Dr. Eric Tayag, assistant health secretary and National Epidemiology Center (NEC) director, said the number of firecracker users went up 8 percent this year from 2012.A total of 115 or 70 percent of the reported fireworks-related injuries were sustained by active users of firecrackers, according to the “Aksyon: Paputok Injury Reduction 2013” report of the DOH-NEC, which started recording cases on Dec. 21.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more