View comments The 15th-ranked Garcia, who lost to Halep the two previous times they played, won her second consecutive WTA title. The Frenchwoman will make her top-10 debut when the new rankings come out on Monday.The 31-year-old Nadal’s six trophies this year include a record 10th title at the French Open and a third at the U.S. Open. The last time the Spaniard won at least six titles in a year was in 2013 when he captured 10 trophies for the season.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smogKyrgios started Sunday struggling with his serve and never found a confident range throughout the match. His first-serve percentage mostly languished under the 50 percent mark.In contrast, Nadal always looked in charge and saved all four break points he faced. How to help the Taal evacuees Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Mos Burger to open in Manila; teases with a pop-up Hamilton wins Japanese GP to move closer to F1 title LATEST STORIES In ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ Comedy and Drama Collide Garcia also won her final in straight sets.“She played amazing tennis,” Halep said of Garcia. “She deserved to win today. She was better.”For Halep, the loss was particularly disappointing as she was unable to back up her guaranteed debut in the No. 1 ranking on Monday. She secured the top spot on Saturday with her semifinal victory over French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko.Halep’s best opportunity to rebound against Garcia ended when she failed to make good on any of the nine break points she had at 3-3 in the second set.“For sure it definitely turned the second set,” Garcia said. “This game was definitely very important.”In the second-set tiebreaker, the unseeded Garcia jumped out to 4-1, and on a first match point at 6-3 with Halep serving, the Romanian netted a forehand. Garcia fell to her knees in celebration.She is enjoying an 11-match winning streak, having captured her first title of the season at Wuhan last week. This is the second time she’s won a career-best 11 straight matches.“It was such an amazing two weeks,” Garcia said. “It went so fast.”Garcia saved a match point in her three-set quarterfinal victory over third-seeded Elina Svitolina of Ukraine.The last time Kyrgios played a No. 1 it was also against Nadal. In that 2014 fourth-round encounter at Wimbledon, the then 144th-ranked Kyrgios emerged a four-set winner. Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours DAY6 is for everybody This was Nadal’s second China Open title in four trips to the final. He won his first in his Beijing debut in 2005.“In 2005, I never will believe that I will keep playing tennis in 2017,” Nadal said.Nadal leads Kyrgios 3-2 in career meetings, and 2-1 this season.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next “I was playing very high intensity the whole match, changing the directions and not making many mistakes,” Nadal said.Kyrgios offered Nadal eight break points in the first set with Nadal taking two service breaks.Kyrgios was angered by a line call in the first set and his complaints eventually cost him a penalty point at the start of the eighth game.Kyrgios didn’t make it onto the board in the second set until he was serving with Nadal already leading 5-0.“In the semifinal I played well, obviously beating Alex (Zverev),” Kyrgios said. “It’s a typical type of week for me: beat a player well, then pretty much no-show.”ADVERTISEMENT It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Rafael Nadal of Spain returns a shot to Nick Kyrgios of Australia during the men’s singles final match of the China Open tennis tournament at the Diamond Court in Beijing, China. APRafael Nadal beat Nick Kyrgios of Australia 6-2, 6-1 Sunday(Monday Manila time) in the China Open final to win his sixth ATP title of the year, and Caroline Garcia defeated soon-to-be-No. 1 Simona Halep 6-4, 7-6 (3) in the women’s event.Top-ranked Nadal, who was tied with Roger Federer and Alexander Zverev at five titles this season, picked up his 75th career singles trophy with the win in Beijing.ADVERTISEMENT Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson
FINN HARPS have dealt a massive blow with the news that midfielder Tony McNamee has left the club.Swilly Rovers boss Gerry Crossan confirmed tonight to Donegal Sport Hub that he had secured McNamee’s signature.“As a coach and a manager, I’m delighted to get the chance to work with a player of his calibre,” Crossan said. “Everyone at the club is delighted to see a former Swilly player move back to his homeclub after his time playing in the League of Ireland.”Ramelton man McNamee scored four goals in 60 appearances across two seasons at Harps.McNamee became frustrated at Harps this season with the amount of time he began to appear on the bench and is understood to have informed Ollie Horgan, the Harps manager, of his decision, prior to signing back with Swilly.Harps left reeling as McNamee joins Swilly Rovers was last modified: December 5th, 2016 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:finn harpsswilly roversTony McNamee
James DeGale has signed a deal with promoter Mick Hennessy and will defend his European super-middleweight title on 13 October.Harlesden’s former Olympic champion has been involved in a long-running dispute with his former promoter and manager Frank Warren and has fought only once this year.DeGale, who beat ex-world champion Cristian Sanavia in April, will fight at the Glow, Bluewater, with his opponent yet to be confirmed.DeGale and Warren have split.The bill will be screened on Channel 5 and is also expected to include Chris Eubank Jnr.“I am over the moon with my new long-term promotional deal with Hennessy Sports,” said DeGale.“I can’t wait to get back in the ring on 13 October and show the millions of viewers on Channel 5 what I’m all about.”DeGale, 26, lost to arch rival and fellow West Londoner George Groves on a majority points decision in May last year.He bounced back by beating Piotr Wilczewski to become European champion but problems in his relationship with Warren came to a head when DeGale announced in January that the pair had split.Warren insisted the boxer remained under contract with him, leading to several months of wrangling.See also:DeGale tipped to silence ‘mental’ criticsDeGale claims he has split from WarrenDeGale overpowers Sanavia to retain titleDeGale lines up next title defencePavlik clash could be an option for DeGaleDeGale to defend title against Mohoumadi DeGale keen to produce sharper displayDeGale aiming to end the year in styleUpbeat DeGale eyeing title showdownFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Chelsea dropped points against Southampton but should not be ruled out of the title race just yet.Betting on Chelsea to win the Premier League might seem like a strange move, but a couple of astute January signings could change the picture very quickly.The Blues are 10 points behind leaders Liverpool and missed the chance to go five points clear of fifth-placed Arsenal when they only managed a goalless draw at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.But Chelsea are not that far away from being a side capable of challenging the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City – as their long unbeaten start under boss Maurizio Sarri showed.They have wobbled since then, of course, but Chelsea are still strong in almost every area of the pitch.The defence has had some problems but the likes of Cesar Azpilicueta, Antonio Rudiger and David Luiz have performed on a consistent basis.There has been some adjustments needed in midfield, with Jorginho adapting to English football and N’Golo Kante to a new attacking role.But the depth of midfield talent Chelsea possess is beyond dispute, with Sarri able to also call upon the likes of Ross Barkley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Mateo Kovacic and Cesc Fabregas.Eden Hazard is obviously the talisman, while Willian and Pedro continue to provide more than adequate support for the attack.It’s that attack where Chelsea are compromised – they badly need to improve that front line.Alvaro Morata continues to struggle, Sarri has never seemed convinced by Olivier Giroud, and Hazard as a ‘false number nine’ can only be a short-term measure.Chelsea need a striker – and Sarri said as much after the draw with Southampton.And if they can get one, there is every chance that Sarri’s side could be a much stronger outfit during the second half of the season.There is no doubt they would be significantly closer to Liverpool had their shortcomings in the final third of the pitch not been so evident – as the Southampton game highlighted.With a cutting edge up front, Chelsea are certain to pick up plenty more points and therefore cannot be ruled out of the title race. Take a closer look at the race statistics at www.signupbonuses.co.uk, to help you make up your mind who will finish top of the league this year. Bournemouth’s England striker Callum Wilson is a transfer target and his pace and finishing suggest he could make a major difference for Chelsea.So too could Gonzalo Higuain, who played under Sarri at Napoli and is reportedly keen to join him in west London.Argentina international Higuain is currently on loan at AC Milan from Juventus but is seemingly keen for that season-long deal to be scrapped so he can instead join Chelsea.Chelsea have simply failed to replace Diego Costa and without the Spain forward have gone from title winners under Antonio Conte to also-rans struggling to stay in the race for a Champions League place.But their blistering winning run during Conte’s title-winning season, which came after a poor start, showed how suddenly a top side can emerge.With a Wilson or Hugain in the team, the Blues could be similarly transformed during the second half of the campaign.Those odds of another title triumph will quickly come in if that happens. So now might well be the perfect time to bet on Chelsea winning the Premier League. Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebookby Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksRecommended for youAspireAbove.comRemember Pauley Perrette? Try Not To Smile When You See Her NowAspireAbove.comUndoLifestly.com25 Celebs You Didn’t Realize Are Gay – No. 8 Will Surprise WomenLifestly.comUndoUsed Cars | Search AdsUsed Cars in Tuen Mun Might Be Cheaper Than You ThinkUsed Cars | Search AdsUndoTopCars15 Ugliest Cars Ever MadeTopCarsUndoezzin.com20 Breathtaking Places to See Before You Dieezzin.comUndoFood World Magazine15 Fruits that Burn Fat Like CrazyFood World MagazineUndoDrhealth35 Foods That Should Never Be Placed in the RefrigeratorDrhealthUndoHappyTricks.comHer House Always Smells Amazing – Try her Unique Trick!HappyTricks.comUndo
30 March 2016“Make sure that you use water more than once so that we can ensure that those (who) are not serviced do get services,” said Water and Sanitation Minister Nomvula Mokonyane at the launch of the Bulk Water Supply Scheme in the iLembe District Municipality in KwaZulu-Natal.She appealed to the beneficiaries of the Lower Tugela Bulk Water Supply Scheme to not only save water, but to reuse it too.The R1.32-billion project, which was launched on 22 March, includes the infrastructure required to abstract and treat water from the uThukela River to supply to secondary bulk and reticulation networks within the iLembe District Municipality.These networks will supply both developed and unserved areas. On completion, the scheme will reach a total of 750 000 inhabitants.“As we continue to bring this infrastructure into place, let us ensure that we do not do illegal connections, steal water or destroy infrastructure,” Mokonyane said.She encouraged those who could afford to pay for water services to do so, while those who could not pay should register as unable to pay.“The first phase of the Umgeni component is due for commissioning by May 2016,” she said. “The first phase is designed to produce 55 mega-litres of potable water per day. The design, however, is such that it is relatively easily upgraded to a 110 mega-litre plant.”Some 1 163 job opportunities have been created by the project to date.Source: South African Government News Agency
Deepika Padukone, who stars in Prakash Jha’s Aarakshan, says she got admission in college by flashing her ‘sports certificate’.”I owe my admission to the sports quota. It worked for me, so reservation has touched my life. But then there is a much wider impact of reservation in education and jobs. It has its own benefits and pitfalls. I am sure that the film would fetch varied reactions,” Deepika told PTI.”This is why it really meant a lot to me when Aarakshan came my way. There is no added glamour quotient or a romantic track just so that it could be made into a ‘masala’ affair,” she added.Jha’s latest explores the politics behind reservation in education system and stars Amitabh Bachchan, Saif Ali Khan, Deepika and Manoj Bajpai in key roles. The film hits theatres on August 12.Saif plays Deepika’s love interest in the movie while Bachchan is her father. So while the core subject of the film was dramatic enough, the demand of the script was for Deepika to share certain chemistry with Bachchan.And the 25-year-old actor admits that she was flustered to share screen space with Bachchan.”Before stepping into Aarakshan, I had never interacted with him (Bachchan) very closely. I had perhaps met him a few times socially on a ‘hello-hi’ basis but that’s about it. Due to that I was really very flustered on the first day of the shoot as I didn’t quite know what to expect from him,” said Deepika.”But when I look back and reflect, I think it was all in my own head.”advertisementDeepika also feels that scenes between her and Bachchan create several brillant father-daughter moments in the movie.”I think what also helped was the fact that Prakashji has written several moments quite brilliantly for the film.There are these little moments between Amitji, Tanviji (Azmi) and myself that present a close knit family. The sense of togetherness has been brought out well here.”Last year was a mixed bag for Deepika. Housefull did well but films like Break Ke Baad, Lafangey Parindey, Karthik Calling Karthik and Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se Bhi failed to live up to the hype, which has left the actor disappointed.”I was disappointed with the box office outcome of some of my films because I sincerely believe they could have done much better. But then there is a silver lining as creatively it was a satisfying experience and this is what keeps you going,” said Deepika.The actress will next be seen in Desi Boyz and (tentatively titled) Cocktail.
Colombia protesters vow new strike after talks hit snag “When he shot that three-pointer I had to stand up from my seat,” said Cabagnot in Filipino Saturday at Mall of Asia Arena. “Coach Chris [Gavina] and I talk about encouraging and you know we shot a lot of three-pointers [11-of-44].”“The best thing we could do in encourage and when he shot that shot there was no doubt in my mind, especially coach Chris’ that it would go in,” added Cabagnot.Nonoy said that his sudden outburst just came out of nowhere especially when he scored just seven points in the first three quarters.“I don’t know where that came from and I think I had that confidence from my coaches and I was actually surprised that I did that,” said Nonoy who finished with 23 points.ADVERTISEMENT MANILA, Philippines—Alex Cabagnot has hit numerous clutch shots for San Miguel in the PBA that it has gotten hard to keep track.ADVERTISEMENT Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Gerry Abadiano determined to deliver NU Bullpups another NBTC crown LATEST STORIES MOST READ Google Philippines names new country director Wintry storm delivers US travel woes before Thanksgiving Trump tells impeachment jokes at annual turkey pardon event Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting And his resume of late-game heroics has made him appreciate another man’s work even more.Cabagnot was serving as the assistant coach for Team Hustle in the 2019 NBTC National Finals Division I All-Star Game when he bore witness to the greatness of Mark Nonoy.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsTeam Hustle trailed 76-75 against Team Heart midway through the fourth quarter when Nonoy decided to go mental.Nonoy went on a personal 14-6 run capped off with a booming three-pointer against two defenders for the 89-82 lead with 34.7 seconds left in the game. Cabagnot was no doubt in awe of Nonoy but he knows the incoming collegiate freshman for University of Santo Tomas still has a lot to work on.“He still has a lot to improve but he’s under a good program and a good coach,” said Cabagnot who also works as an assistant for University of the Philippines. “The best thing he could do is listen to the coach, to the elders around him, and also to the alumni.” PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss View comments Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Bloomberg: US would benefit from more, not fewer, immigrants Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next